Server Update / Upgrade Complete
First off, we want to thank all of our customers for their business with us. We have completed our upgrade which involved moving servers from a Shared Hosting platform where your website bandwidth / computer processor is shared with thousands of other users with our provider to a Dedicated Hosting platform in which your bandwidth / computer processor is only shared with customers of MK Web Design. What does this mean for our customers?
- Faster response times when your customers are viewing your site
- Faster response times when you are using your Content Management System to update your site
- Faster processing of database requests (No CPU sharing)
- Increased search engine rankings in Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc….. They base rankings on a server “slow score”
- Weekly back up of your website will be performed in case of data loss
- Security hardening which involved free upgrades to your CMS installation, tweaks to help prevent unauthorized access due to Brute force Attacks, Vulnerability Scans, and much more
We have completed this upgrade and thank our customers for their patience. All websites which were moved resulted in zero downtime and was seamless. If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.